Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fall in Love with the Maldives

I doubt that any bride forgets her honeymoon but mine was especially memorable because we went to the Maldives. I have to say that the Huvafen Fushi Maldives is one of the most remarkable places in the world.

On arrival, we were whisked away to our Ocean Pavilion – our own little domain situated right out on the ocean. The rooms were luxurious and very comfortable but the views were something else. I thought that I might never leave the infinity pool. The spa shower was perfect for working out the bridal stresses from just before the wedding. It was heavenly to have a butler on call twenty four hours a day.

Of course, you cannot go to Huvafen Fushi Maldives without visiting their exclusive underwater spa treatment rooms and indulging in some of their unique treatments so I did get out of my infinity pool and my husband and I made our way to the spa for some pampering. I still cannot get over being able to see fish swimming past as I was being massaged. I felt as though I was underwater.

They say that a man cannot live on love alone and, lucky for us, we did not have to. I especially liked Vinum – the cavernous underground wine cellar with an astounding collection of wines.

My husband did book us on one of the dhonis, a traditional Maldivian sailing boat, and I was a little apprehensive at first – why leave the luxury of our ocean pavilion? Of course, the dhoni was gorgeous – modern and comfortable inside with a well-trained crew. The crew knew all the best diving sites and took us on a lovely sunset cruise and then we ate a meal specially prepared by our personal chef.

I did not think it could get any better than that but then I found out we were going snorkelling, at night. It was such an awesome experience I will never forget it. The next day we went back out in one of Huvafen Fushi Maldives glass kayaks and things look very different during the day. My new husband had to try his hand at a spot of deep sea fishing and tried to get me to go along but I opted to relax in the library with a book.

One of the most memorable experiences at Huvafen Fushi Maldives was being able to adopt a piece of coral – it may sound silly but it seemed to us to be a reflection of our love for each other and how, by protecting the coral, we were protecting that bond. At least we could leave our mark on the Maldives in the same way it left its mark on us.

See more information on affordable stay at Diva Maldives Hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment